About the Cell
Research and consultancy is an important activity of the Institute administered through Research and consultancy cell. The administrative aspects of sponsored research, industrial consultation, and faculty development program through short term course, seminar, and conference are taken care by the research and consultancy cell.
Activities in details
1. Sponsored Research is defined as those time bound research and development projects which are sponsored by National and International sponsoring agencies. Research and consultancy cell of GKCIET Malda looks after all the sponsored research activities of GKCIET starting from project submission, project management, recruitment of research personnel, interactions with the funding agency, protection of IPR and technology transfer.
2. Consultancy projects are undertaken by the institute from different industries, government and private organizations. This includes (i) Routine Testing, Certification and Calibration & (ii) Projects requiring the use of laboratory and other institute facilities. All the Consultancy Projects need to be registered with the R&C Cell. The R&C Cell acts as a facilitator between the industry and the Institute.
3. Research and consultancy cell assist the scientists, researchers and the faculty to update their knowledge to the recent developments in their area of specialisation through short term course, seminar, and conference.
4. Research and consultancy cell also plays a vital role in the initiation of new research initiatives of the Institute.
Activities of Research and Consultancy cell
• Sponsored project (Government and Industrial)
• Consultancy projects
• MoU between premium institutes and industries
• Conferences, Short term courses, Invited talks for faculties
• ARIIA Ranking